Nokia is revamping their base mobile models through Asha series, aiming at ordinary people in India and Africa. Definitely these are not smartphones but Nokia is heading with their accelerating competitors like Samsung and LG to stay on the top for the mid-order mobiles in the market.
Asha 200 become the first QWERTY dual sim mobile from Nokia which was released in 2011 December. You can carry this phone confidently as done a good job in the design and the overall look of the handset is very pleasant. Let's quickly pan around some important features of this phone.
- Dual Standby SIM (GSM + GSM)
- TFT, 256K colors display - 320 x 240 pixels, 2.4 inches 167 ppi.
- 10MB, 64 MB ROM, 32 MB RAM, external micro SD slot up-to 32GB
- Easy SIM swap - Dual SIM doesn't means you can use both simultaneously but you can swap SIM without restarting the phone.
- GPRS, EDGE, No Wi-Fi & 3G
- Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- 2 MP 1600x1200 pixels primary camera, video recording 176x144@10fps. No secondary camera.
- Messaging features - SMS, MMS, Email - Dedicated key.
- Decent web browsing experience.
- Easy feed& manage options for social networking sites.
- FM Radio With Recording
- Powerful Li-Ion 1430 mAh battery can last upto 52 hours of music playback, 552 hours standby and 7 hours talktime
A decent phone which includes as much as features for its price. Better social networking integration, nice well- placed QWERTY keypad and powerful battery. Low internal memory (10MB) and absence of 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity are the minus points.
Price of Asha 200 in India : Around Rs.4000/-